Conference addresses important issues on the minds of hoteliers today including rate parity and the use of Social Media
SOUTHLAKE, Texas, 05 March – SynXis, the Sabre Holdings business that provides hotel distribution and Internet marketing services globally, held its third annual Customer Forum in Fort Worth, Texas, down the road from its North American headquarters the first week in February. Customers representing over 2,500 properties around the world gathered to hear SynXis executives share their strategy and vision for the upcoming year as well as to learn about the latest trends in distribution including Revenue Management, Integration, Direct Connects and Online Marketing. The breakout sessions addressed the important issues on the minds of those attending including: rate parity across distribution channels, Internet bookings and controlling user-driven content with the explosion of Social Media.
At the exciting evening event held at the Texas Motor Speedway, SynXis recognized their customers for outstanding performance with the SynXis Winner’s Circle Awards. Awards were given to those hotels or hotel groups that showed significant growth, success or innovation through one or multiple distribution channels utilizing the SynXis RedX Distribution Management System. Winners included:
• Best Implementation of a Custom Booking Engine – Orient Express Hotels
• Voice Services, Best in Class – Coastal Hotel Group
• Technology Partnership of the Year – Global Reservation Agent AG
• Partnership for Growth – Crestline Hotels & Resorts
• Partnership for Growth (New Customer) – ResortQuest Hawaii
• Best Integrated Internet Marketing Strategy (Individual Property) – Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
• Best Integrated Internet Marketing Strategy (Group) – Destination Hotels & Resorts
The Vendor Showcase was a popular part of the event where customers had the opportunity to meet with over 20 companies, which work in partnership with SynXis to help drive distribution for their properties. Included in the showcase were travel sites like Travelocity, Expedia and Booking.com along with members of the SynXis Technology Partner Program such as IDeaS, SoftBrands and GuestWare.
Other conference highlights include:
• Keynote speaker, Tom Asacker, a branding guru who has written many books on the subject of “de-mystifying the brand.” His high-energy, entertaining presentation gave everyone in the audience great insight into why people make the buying decisions they do and how a brand should be represented to the customer.
• A panel discussion moderated by Daniel Connolly, PhD, University of Denver, School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management included several industry consultants who held a lively debate about who in the hotel owns the customer and what place revenue management has in a hotel’s hierarchy.
“SynXis’s Customer Forum provides an excellent arena for its customers to learn about what’s new at the company and in the industry in general; it is a great use of my time,” said Mike Pratt, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Magnolia Hotels, a longtime SynXis customer. “The keynote speaker, Tom Asacker, was one of the best presenters I have seen in years and had the group engaged the entire time. Kudos to SynXis for putting on such a nice event each year.”
“It’s wonderful to see so many of our customers from around the world attend our annual conference,” said Scott Alvis, President and General Manager for SynXis. “We will continue to invest in leading technology and services based on our customers’ needs and our Customer Forum is just one of the many vehicles we use to gather that insight. It’s very energizing for our team, customers, and technology partners when we’re able to spend dedicated time together and discuss how we all improve our businesses. We’re committed to being the world’s best hotel technology partner and working hard every day to prove that.”
SynXis, a Sabre Holdings company, provides distribution and Internet marketing services and technology for hotels around the world. SynXis connects hotels with their guests through increased exposure via all channels including GDS, third party travel sites and the hotel’s own website. SynXis operates full-service global call centers offering private label reservation services. SynXis is the technology source for thousands of hotels, resorts, and destinations, including: Harrah’s, Interstate Hotels & Resorts, Millennium Copthorne, Destination Hotels & Resorts, Shangri-la Hotels & Resorts and Jumeirah Hotels.
SynXis’ corporate headquarters is in Southlake, Texas, with offices in Denver, Boston, Amsterdam, Singapore and Montevideo. For more information on SynXis and its products, please call +1-682-606-4000, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Web site at www.synxis.com.
Sabre Holdings connects people with the world’s greatest travel possibilities by retailing travel products and providing distribution and technology solutions for the travel industry. More information is available at http://www.sabre-holdings.com.