Middle East - Aug. 19, 2015 - Sabre Corporation (NASDAQ: SABR) a leading global technology provider to the travel and tourism industry, and Gulf Air, the Kingdom of Bahrain’s national carrier, have marked the 10 year anniversary of their longstanding joint venture partnership of Sabre Travel Network Middle East (STNME).
“Our anniversary with Gulf Air, one of our major airline partners in the region, is a tremendous milestone that reaffirms our commitment to the industry and our valued customers,” said Daniel Naoumovitch, CEO, STNME. “Over the past decade, we’ve made significant investments in innovative products and solutions that empower the travel industry to grow and better serve travelers. Our expansion across the region is built on having a strong customer-first culture and a genuine passion for helping our customers grow, innovate and succeed.”
Highlights over the past 10 years include:
- Regional expansion from its home in Bahrain to the entire MENA region - increasing its investment to serve the needs of the growing industry. STNME now operates 23 offices in 13 countries throughout MENA in addition to 15 training centers across the region.
- Strategic agreements with the top agencies across the region to help grow their business, compete globally and reach wider audiences through innovative solutions. Top agency customers include ITL Travel, Kanoo, Dadabhai Travel, Alshamel, Fursan and DNATA. In addition, Sabre expanded its relationship with leading airlines in the region including Oman Air, Etihad, Royal Jordanian, Egypt Air MEA and many others.
- Launch of Sabre Red App Centre, the first B2B app market place that enables developers to contribute to the ongoing innovation in the travel industry. Since its global launch in 2012, Sabre Red App Centre has exceeded 1.2 million downloads by travel agencies worldwide.
- Launch of TripCase, a leading itinerary management app that provides travelers with the right information at the right time. Earlier this year, Sabre launched TripCase on Apple Watch, making travel even easier as travelers receive itinerary updates and messages on their wrist.
- Launch of new technology services including web, mobile and ancillary solutions, as well as exclusive products that help agencies create more revenue, reduce their costs, and be more efficient and productive in shopping, booking and managing travel.
“Gulf Air’s partnership with Sabre and the success of our joint venture, STNME, have seen us work together to deliver solutions that make travel even more convenient to passengers. Our continued growth and innovation over the past 10 years is the truest reflection of the strength of this collaboration between a pioneering national carrier and a global travel technology innovator. Built on a strong customer focus, this has been our driving force over the first 10 years and will lead us in the future. We are delighted with our joint successes to date and we are anticipating many more in the future.” Said Dr. Jassim Haji, Gulf Air Director of Information Technology.
STNME was established as a joint venture between Gulf Air and Sabre in 2005 following a 30-year partnership. Since then, it has grown to become the leading provider of technology services to the travel industry in the Middle East.
The milestone was celebrated with employees and customers across the region, and at a reception held at Gulf Air headquarters attended by Sabre Vice President Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa, Dean Bibb, STNME CEO Daniel Naoumovitch, Gulf Air A/Chief Executive Officer Maher Al Musallam and Gulf Air Director of Information Technology, Dr. Jassim Haji.
About Sabre Corporation
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management. Sabre also operates a leading global travel marketplace, which processes more than $110 billion of estimated travel spend annually by connecting travel buyers and suppliers. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 160 countries around the world.
About Gulf Air
Gulf Air, the national carrier of the Kingdom of Bahrain, commenced operations in 1950, becoming one of the first commercial airlines established in the Middle East. Today, Gulf Air is a major international carrier serving 43 cities in 24 countries spanning three continents. The airline operates one of the largest networks in the Middle East, with double daily flights to over 10 regional cities, from its hub at Bahrain International Airport. Gulf Air serves all its destinations with a combination wide and narrow body fleet totalling 28 modern aircraft. Renowned for its traditional Arabian hospitality, evidenced by the airline’s signature family and business friendly products, Gulf Air is committed to being an industry leader and developing products and services that reflect the evolving needs and aspirations of its passengers.
Gulf Air connects Bahrain to the world and, as such, is a key national infrastructure asset, serving as a powerful driver for the economy and supporting the Kingdom’s on-going economic growth.
Gulf Air was the Title Sponsor of the 2015 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX and will be the Official Airline of the Bahrain International Airshow 2016.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Any statements in this release regarding Sabre that are not historical or current facts are forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements convey Sabre’s current expectations or forecasts of future events. Forward-looking statements regarding Sabre involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Sabre’s actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performances or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Certain of these risks and uncertainties are described in the “Risk Factors” and “Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” sections of Sabre’s registration statement on Form S-1, the “Risk Factors” and “Forward-Looking Statements” sections of its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and any of Sabre’s other applicable filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Unless required by law, Sabre undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect circumstances or events after the date of this press release.