Award-winning customer center services airline, hotel, travel agency, corporate and consumer needs
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay, May 22, 2014 – Sabre Corporation (NASDAQ: SABR), a global technology provider to the travel and tourism industry, celebrated the tenth anniversary of its Global Customer Support Center in Montevideo, Uruguay. Opened in 2004, the center has grown to become one of Uruguay’s largest employers, with more than 850 multi-lingual employees providing technical support, customer care, and marketing and sales consulting to Sabre’s global customer base. Sabre’s customers include hundreds of airlines, airports and corporations; 125,000 hotels, 400,000 travel agents, and millions of travelers.
The center combines the use of cutting-edge technologies such as business intelligence tools, with best practice models to provide fast and efficient customer service. Awarded “Call Center of the Year” by International Quality & Productivity Center (IQPC), the center manages a range of customer needs from large airline implementations to helping travelers utilize TripCase, Sabre’s leading mobile itinerary app.
“In 2004, Sabre made a decision to establish a global center for customer service excellence. We looked at a number of options and eventually selected Uruguay which had a thriving community of technology talent,” said Tom Klein, CEO and President of Sabre Corporation. “We’re all incredibly proud to see how the Montevideo center has become a world leader in customer care, and a competitive differentiator for Sabre.”
To celebrate this milestone, the company hosted an anniversary celebration at the center on Wednesday, May 21 for employees, partners, government officials, and representatives from the U.S. Embassy in Uruguay and Chambers of Commerce to recognize their continued support for Sabre’s expansion.
– Supported major technology implementations and reservation system implementations for airlines including JetBlue, Virgin Australia, LAN Airlines, Aeroflot, Etihad and Alitalia
– Supported the implementation of travel agency solutions such as Sabre Red Workspace, Sabre Red App Centre and the TripCase mobile app
– Implemented a range of state-of the-art customer service technology including a new contact management system and remote desktop sharing capabilities to view and diagnose issues in real-time with customers
– Created a best practice service model, subsequently replicated by Sabre’s customer care center in the Middle East
– Sabre has outperformed competitors in customer service satisfaction since 2009, according to a customer service satisfaction survey
– More than 100 product and technology experts dedicated to Sabre’s airline customers in the Americas region
– More than 300 technical and product support agents, who speak 16 languages, dedicated to Sabre’s global travel agencies, online travel agencies, and IT developers
– End-to-end support for travel agency operations including consultancy, online training, technical and product support, and billing
– Multilingual and intercultural support available 24/7 through multiple channels including phone, email, web, chat and self-service tools
– Grew employment at the Montevideo center from 120 to more than 850 employees
– Recognized by International Quality & Productivity Center as Call Center of the Year
– Jean Shaw, Vice President for Sabre’s Global Customer Support Center in Uruguay, recognized by IQPC as Call Center Leader of the Year
Located in the Zonamerica Business & Technology Park in Montevideo, with a second site at Aguada Park, the center provides employees with a great working environment, with staff participating in a tuition reimbursement program, and a comprehensive Wellness Plan which includes massage, yoga, nutritionist and personal trainer sessions in the office.
Employees are also active contributors to the local community, participating in a wide-range of volunteering and fund-raising initiatives, and the company’s “Passport to Freedom” campaign against human trafficking. Last year, employees worked with Uruguayan authorities to establish a toll-free number to report cases of human trafficking, and were instrumental in rescuing two victims through their awareness efforts.
Sabre® is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, such as passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, and flight, network and crew management. Sabre also operates a leading global travel marketplace, processing over $100 billion of estimated travel spend in 2013 by connecting travel suppliers to their most valued customers, the business traveler.
Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world.
Sabre, Corporate Communication