New Sabre Red Capabilities Make it Easier to Sell Cruises, Tap into the Power of Community and Provide Web and Mobile Traveler Services
SOUTHLAKE, Texas – Aug. 30, 2010 – Sabre Travel Network, the world’s leading provider of high performance travel solutions, announced today new Sabre Red capabilities to help leisure travel professionals deliver great value and great service to their clients. Sabre-connected agents will benefit from new cruise content and search capabilities, timely information on travel trends and news via the AgentStream community, and enhanced mobile traveler services, including online flight check-in and fight notifications for 300 airlines.
Enhancements to help agents deliver great value include:
- Agents will enjoy enhanced search functionality in Sabre Cruises. With the ability to select multiple regions, cruise lines, or even ships in a single search, agents can quickly and efficiently offer customers more travel options specifically suited to their needs.
- Sabre Cruises is the first GDS cruise tool to give agents integrated access to shop, book, and manage their group space on Royal Caribbean, Azamara Club Cruises, and Celebrity Cruises. Through the Sabre Cruises window in the Sabre Red Workspace, agents can shop and compare group inventory side-by-side with all other promotions and rate codes. Sabre Cruises is the only tool that offers group bookings on all participating cruise lines.
- New interactive deck plans, cabin details, and itinerary maps in Sabre Cruises will make it easier for agents to match the right cruise product with the right traveler – all while generating more sales and earning more revenue.
In addition to providing great value, the new capabilities in Sabre Red will also help agents deliver great service:
- AgentStream, one of the world’s most popular travel-agent only communities, is now home to Tnooz editorial content. More than 3,100 members in the award-winning community can network and stay on top of the latest industry news with a single stop online.
- Sabre Virtually There, used by more than 48,000 travel agents each year, brings a variety of new services that agents can make available to their customers. Now, travelers can check-in online with more than 50 airlines, track flights, flight delays and access detailed airport information, and enjoy the significantly enhanced ability to access real-time flight status notifications, now covering 300 airlines globally. Sabre Virtually There enables agents to provide travelers with important trip updates any time, all branded under the agency’s name.
“In this world of ever increasing expectations, the ability to provide great value and great service to customers is what sets a travel agency apart from its competitors – including other travel agencies and alternative travel booking options. We continue to invest significantly to ensure Sabre Red is the total travel solution to help our leisure agency customers do just that, and these new capabilities are evidence of that commitment,” said Chris Kroeger, senior vice president for marketing for Sabre Travel Network.
Sabre Travel Network will conduct demonstrations of these new capabilities at THETRADESHOW in Orlando, Sept. 12-14. Agents attending are encouraged to post video and written blogs to the ’So You Think You Can Blog’ group in AgentStream. All community members can rate submissions to determine which blogger wins the grand prize of 10,000 Sabre Rewards Plus points.
About Sabre Travel Network
Sabre Travel Network, a Sabre Holdings company, provides the most comprehensive end-to-end solutions for corporate and leisure travel. The Sabre GDS is the foundation for these solutions, providing a ready-built efficient marketplace that connects travel suppliers, including hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotels, with more than 50,000 travel agency locations. Currently, Sabre collectively handles over 70 percent of the BTN 100 bookings.
Sabre Holdings connects people with the world’s greatest travel possibilities by retailing travel products and providing distribution and technology solutions for the travel industry. For more information about Sabre Holdings, visit http://www.sabre-holdings.com/.