NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–June 12, 2007–All the years of buying Dad cheap cologne and paisley ties can now be traded in for genuine adventure. lastminute.com (us.lastminute.com), the go-to site for gifts, adventures and last second getaways has lined up an array of exciting gifts, experiences and treats to universally celebrate Dads on Father’s Day.
Users can select wild and unusual gifts and experiences, by taking Dad out or sending him away on any budget.
“This Father’s Day, lastminute.com users can look forward to finding that perfect gift that matches their Dads’ personality, and provides an unforgettable experience at prices that won’t dent the wallet,” said Giovanna Garlati of lastminute.com. “For the adventurous gift giver, we’ve partnered with the best vendors to secure jungle expedition tours in Honolulu that begin at just $22, while a Porsche rental in Boston costs just $201.”
No matter where users are based, they can find cool getaways listed right in their backyard or send Dad away to a city of his choice to experience an adventure of a lifetime. From across the country, here are some of lastminute.com’s top 10 suggestions to hit the ball out of the park this Father’s Day:
1. Legal Street Racing in San Diego: Dad can legally race his own vehicle with this grassroots organization designed to address illegal racing and introduce a safer alternative.
2. Tandem Sky Diving in New York or Los Angeles: Treat Dad to an unforgettable experience to conquer his secret fear of heights or open his lust for adrenalin.
3. Salsa Dancing Lessons in Miami: Authentic Cuban Casino Salsa, Argentine tango or ballroom dancing lessons to perfect Dad’s moves.
4. Fly Fishing in Dallas: Whether he likes fishing to relax or for the challenge of the sport, this private lesson will navigate Dad through some of the best fishing waters.
5. Paragliding in Atlanta: Introduce Dad to free flight in its purest form.
6. Sailing in San Francisco Bay: Just for fun or let three hours on San Francisco Bay help Dad decide if he wants to get more involved with sailing.
7. Dirt Bike in Baja: Riders of all levels will get the chance to explore remote trails and enjoy fascinating mountain views and nice
chaparrals- the simple beauty of Baja California, Mexico.
8. Private Golf Lesson in Miami: Whether Dad’s just starting out or wants to improve any part of his golf game, this is the perfect day out for him.
9. Hummer in Las Vegas: The king of the road, the Hummer H2 is an imposing vehicle. Send Dad riding high above other cars on the Vegas strip, around the block and the city!
10. Learning to fly in Philadelphia: Watch Dad take over the controls and feel the exhilaration of flying over the Philadelphia Skyline.
iTunes gift certificates and last second deals gift certificates are also available on the site.
lastminute.com is a leading online travel and leisure player specializing in last second deals.
Using specialized technology, lastminute.com locates unsold airline seats, hotel rooms, rental cars and other inventory and assembles them into dynamic, real-time packages available for online purchase up to hours before departure. It also offers customers worldwide holidays, flights and hotel rooms, as well as unique lifestyle options, such as tickets to events, DVD rentals, restaurant reservations and gifts. lastminute.com was acquired by Travelocity, part of Sabre Holdings, in July 2005. It was founded in the UK in 1998 and now counts over 2000 employees in the world and more than 12 million subscribers to its newsletters. In addition to London, the company has offices in Dublin, Paris, Barcelona, Milan, Munich, Brussels, Stockholm and New York.
Giovanna A. Garlati, 212-372-5249
John Carter, 617-779-1806
SOURCE: lastminute.coy with the airline’s revenue management departme