In the next episode of Soaring with Sabre, we chat with Katsiaryna Kravets. She told about her journey in Sabre Polska and shared her advice for team members who want to change their roles internally.
• In your journey with Sabre for over 4 years you have changed business units and roles, which is very inspiring. Tell us how the experience was?
Different teams and business units across an organization may have quite different workflows. I think that my experience helped me understand better Sabre business domain and realize which approach to software development I prefer.
• What motivates you to look at different roles as you progressed in your career?
I wanted to do interesting tasks which give me satisfaction and feeling of self-fulfillment. When progressing in the current position sometimes it makes sense to look around for the role where your strengths could be used most efficiently.
• How would you advise people who want to consider internal moves like you have done?
Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Things might not always go smoothly, but eventually this kind of experience contributes to your personal and professional growth.
• What has been your biggest learning as you worked through different business teams?
Soft skills are equally important as tech ones. They might seem less important; however they lead to efficient work and success.
• What’s the best part of Sabre that you like?
In Sabre, I like possibility to learn from experienced professionals.
Also I value the approach to work, where both business demand and personal growth are equally important.