Sabre Polska Fast Facts
- September 2000 – Sabre Polska begins operations in Krakow with 6 developers
- Currently employs approximately 1400 people: 83% employees on tech positions, 23,5% women
- Located in 10,000 square meter office at Buma Square, Wadowicka 6 D, Kraków
Sabre’s software development center in Krakow has created an employee friendly work environment where you will work with talented colleagues on interesting and challenging software projects. Our combination of work projects and work environment is so highly regarded that Sabre Polska was twice named the best large company to work for in Poland by the Great Place to Work Institute ®.
At Sabre we develop software to power the travel and transportation industry. We are an innovative technology company that leads the travel industry by helping our customers succeed. Our four business units provide a wide variety of software solutions to travel suppliers, travel agents and end travelers and the scale of our operations is among the largest in the world.
We process 32 thousand transactions per second at an annual growth rate of 17%. It means that the challenges we come across and possibilities at our hand are enormous. We reach technology limits and exceed them. Intelligent, reliable and profitable describes a promise that Sabre makes to their customers. And we proudly fulfill that promise every single day. Our employees are highly qualified and operate efficiently within all application environments. If you are up for a real challenge in an authentic context then you have found the right place.
Technologies and solutions in use:
- Operating systems: Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, HP Unix, IBM TPF
- Programming languages: JAVA, C++, C#, Microsoft .Net, Ruby on Rails,
- Databases- SQL: Oracle, mySQL, MSSQL; No-SQL: Couchbase, Mongo
- Data warehouses and business intelligence technologies based on NCR ( TEradata and HP Vertica) products,
- SOA- service oriented architecture,
- Customer partnership aimed at running tests, creating prototypes of new solutions and analysis of emerging technologies.