In the eighth episode of Soaring with Sabre, we chat with Grzegorz Sowizral. He talks about his experience and development during over 10 years of journey in our company.
1. In your journey with Sabre for over 10 years you have changed business units and roles, which is very inspiring. Tell us how was the experience?
I have started my journey in 2010 as an Associate Software QA Engineering. I was very eager to learn and to show my potential. Soon I have taken ownership of quality in several large projects (still as an Associate). It was a Pricing and Taxes area – to be an honest, quite challenging one. After several years I have moved to the QA Supervisor role – I was leading the QA group in the Pricing Core area. Then I have moved to IntelliSell-Orchestration Team still as a QA Leader. And…here switch to leading of DEV teams and finally supporting whole Orchestration area.
2. What motivates you to look at different roles as you progressed in your career?
In the beginning, it was curiosity and also the need for a change. My direct leaders supported my development and one of them encourage me to try another path – the leadership path.
3. How would you advice people who want to consider internal moves like you have done?
Always take the opportunity. It is better to regret trying than not try.
4. What has been your biggest learning as you worked through different business teams?
People are most important – learn from them and be yourself.
5. What’s the best part of Sabre that you like?
People and opportunities in the company.