Setting the Scene
Marketplace dynamics are driving the need for new
retailing and distribution capabilities
Airlines seek to drive revenue by differentiating in our competitive travel market
TMCs need to manage content complexity and to focus investment on creating value
Corporations aim to balance cost control with policy compliance and the traveler experience
Business travelers’ expectations are changing, driven by their consumer experiences
What NDC is (and what it isn’t)
NDC (New Distribution Capability) is a travel industry-supported program launched by IATA for the development and market adoption of a new, XML-based data transmission standard. This standard will make it easier for travelers to compare flights and prices, with increased visibility into ancillary offers, for a more personalized traveler experience.
NDC is Not a commercial model or new retailing solutions.
What this means to a Travel Management Company:
- Access to a broader range of air ancillary and airfare to drive compliance
- Consistent, omnichannel,
- Upselling opportunities from personalized bundles, ancillaries and perks
- Visibility & control over total
- Risk related to content/price discrimination and fragmentation
- Current gaps in critical functionalities such as post booking servicing
- Advancement of travel programs to include ancillaries and bundles
- Disruption to agent workflow, additional complexity and technology investment
Where do we stand?
8 out of 10 TMCs view the NDC standard as a positive development in airline distribution
Top concerns are associated with content fragmentation, and technology disruption
100% of TMC respondents are planning to access NDC content through a GDS
Bringing it to life is our thing.
We are going Beyond NDC to add end-to-end value?
- Provide highly RELEVANT offers based on business traveler purchase history
- Ensure SEAMLESS booking service and travel experience
- Differentiate with CONSISTENT product offers displayed across all channels
- Improve SPEED TO MARKET to get new products and airfares to market faster
… and ensure key operations and workflows
This is a long race…
NDC has created a vehicle for dialog within the travel ecosystem. Together, we can bring unparalleled innovation and choice to our corporate customers and business travellers. NDC is a milestone on a greater journey.”
Antoine Boatwright, Senior Vice President Innovation,
Reed & Mackay