Setting the Scene
Marketplace dynamics are driving the need for new
retailing and distribution capabilities
Airlines seek to drive revenue by differentiating in our competitive travel market
Corporations aim to balance cost control with policy compliance and the traveler experience
Agencies need to manage content complexity and to focus investment on creating value
Business travelers’ expectations are changing, driven by their consumer experiences
What is NDC?
NDC (New Distribution Capability) is a travel industry-supported program launched by IATA for the development and market adoption of a new, XML-based data transmission standard. This standard will make it easier for travelers to compare flights and prices, with increased visibility into ancillary offers, for a more personalized traveler experience.
What this means to Leisure Travel Agencies:
- Offer NDC and traditional content together
- Personalized offers and additional merchandising capabilities
- Focus on additional value-driving content
- Deepen partnerships with suppliers and technology partners
- Understanding implications of NDC adoption
- Showcasing your value in the ecosystem
- Additional complexity and technology investment
- Multiple sources of content to check – additional agent training
- Changes to agent workflow, offer and order management
What can I do to prepare?
Ensure airlines can help support your duty of care initiatives
Bringing it to life is our thing.
We are going Beyond NDC to add end-to-end value …
- Provide highly RELEVANT offers based on business traveler purchase history
- Ensure SEAMLESS booking service and travel experience
- Differentiate with CONSISTENT product offers displayed across all channels
- Improve SPEED TO MARKET to get new products and airfares to market faster
… and ensure key operations and workflows