9 years of learning, development, changes and gaining experience – this is the journey of Magdalena Filipska in Sabre Polska. In the second episode of Soaring with Sabre, we chat with Magdalena as she shares her perspective on this period.
1. In your journey with Sabre for over 9 years you have changed business units and roles, which is very inspiring. Tell us how was the experience?
It’s for me like the best university. I started my experience as a Software Support Representative where I spent more than 3 months on training to understand our system and be able to assist our travel agencies. This experience was helpful when I moved to the Business Analyst position. Of course, this kind of work extended my knowledge too and after a few years I felt ready to apply for the position of supervisor of the development team. It’s more than 9 years of being here and I’m still learning something new every day.
2. What motivates you to look at different roles as you progressed in your career?
I love to learn, and the travel industry is an interesting subject. Sabre is a huge company which is giving us the possibility to move internally. My previous experiences were always appreciated by every team I have joined.
3. How would you advice people who want to consider internal moves like you have done?
It’s good to be not afraid of change. I think it’s important to prepare yourself for the position you are thinking about, you can learn from more experienced people. It’s a lot of them here and they are willing to help.
4. What has been your biggest learning as you worked through different business teams?
I think it’s all about teamwork here. Our system is very complicated and there is a lot of connections between different teams – good communication between people is a must.
5. What’s the best part of Sabre that you like?
I think the people working here are amazing and their passion is contagious.