Hello Sabre Corporate Responsibility Fans! First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank each of you for your interest in Sabre’s global Corporate Responsibility initiatives. 2013 was an exciting year for the Sabre CR team, from reaching a record number of global Sabre employees volunteering for our Give Time Together Community campaign, to working closely with the Polaris Project to offer our Passport to Freedom training to the general public to combat human trafficking. Listed below are a few more highlights from the past year.
As we continue to lead by example when it comes to our giving and volunteering efforts, we also want to keep you up to date on the all the other great things that Sabre is doing within the travel technology industry. As you may have noticed, today we will be transitioning the current Sabre Holdings Corporate Responsibility Facebook page to a broader Sabre Corporation Facebook page. The intent of the corporate page is to provide our fans with important travel industry news / technology trends while highlighting major news and announcements from Sabre’s business units and sister companies (below), in addition to the Corporate Responsibility happenings:
- Sabre Corporation
- Sabre Travel Network
- Sabre Airline Solutions
- Sabre Hospitality Solutions
Thanks again for Liking our Facebook page and for your interest regarding Sabre’s Corporate Responsibility initiatives. We’re excited to showcase more great news coming from Sabre in 2014. Stay tuned!
Passport to Freedom
Sabre celebrated the one year anniversary of launching its initiative to end human trafficking.
- 30% of Sabre global employees completed the company’s human trafficking awareness training
- In connection with Sabre’s efforts, three women were rescued in Chile, Uruguay and Dallas
- In 2014 Sabre will roll out its Passport to Freedom Cabinet, which serves as a leadership opportunity for employees interested in volunteering their time and talents to help fight human trafficking
- Through recycling, composting and conservation efforts, Sabre offices around the world reduced their energy, water and waste footprint
- Sabre has grown the Eco-certified Hotels Program by more than 8,800 hotels in 2013 (an increase of 85%)
- Sabre’s implementation of Drive Electric Orlando, an innovative initiative to provide travelers with electric vehicles, in hopes that they may consider buying one
- Sabre employees helped raise $19,723 to assist 11 nonprofit organizations in supporting victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines
- Sabre employees and the company donated almost $6,000 to assist the America Red Cross to provide food, supplies, and health services to victims in North Texas and Oklahoma who were devastated when the 16 tornadoes hit the region