Bangalore, India – Sept. 24, 2015 – Sabre Corporation (NASDAQ: SABR), the leading technology provider to the global travel industry, celebrated the tenth anniversary of its technology center in Bangalore, India. Opened in 2005, the center has helped Sabre expand and enhance its technology solutions to its global customer base of more than 425,000 travel agents, 400 airlines and 176,000 hotel properties. Sabre’s strategic center in Bangalore supports multiple technology functions including product development, enterprise data and analytics and operations research. It also provides customer care and support, implementation and consulting services, and product and solutions to clients globally.
“I am fortunate to have been a part of the original nine-member team that set-up the Bangalore center in 2005. Ten years on, our commitment to quality, innovation and customer-centric solutions has set a benchmark from which Sabre has grown globally,” said Shail Maniar, vice president and managing director, Sabre India. “Over the years, we have built a global center of excellence with a focus on technology innovation, acquiring, nurturing and retaining top talent, and staying at the forefront of our competition,” said Maniar. Set up to enhance Sabre’s existing global operations and capabilities, the center now plays a critical role in Sabre’s commitment to providing customers with quality products and solutions, based on innovative technology and driven by best-in-class customer support.
- The development of market-leading forecasting and optimization models for Sabre AirVision Revenue Manager, which have enabled over 30 of Sabre’s low cost carrier customers to accurately manage their revenue. A market leader in this segment, Sabre is now focused on building next-generation revenue management solutions analytics, integrated with data analytics and business intelligence to help airlines further optimize their revenue in real-time.
- The development of Sabre’s award-wining Hotel RFP (Request for Proposal) solution, one of the industry’s top online hotel sourcing and rate negotiation tools for corporations and agencies. The solution won Travel Weekly’s 2014 Gold Magellan Award and Global Business Traveler Association (GBTA) 2011 Business Traveler Innovation People’s Choice Award.
- The development of Sabre AirVision Market Intelligence, the industry’s first online tool powered by global demand data that helps airlines make informed flight operation decisions, such as when to fly, where to fly, and how frequently to fly. The Bangalore team gathered 10 years’ of airline data and developed algorithms to help Sabre’s airline customers operate more efficiently and profitably.
- The Bangalore center played a key role in developing GetThere, Sabre’s corporate travel booking tool, which provides unmatched cost control for more than 3000 corporations in the world, including the majority of Fortune 200 companies. GetThere processes more than 12 million transactions annually, delivers $2 billion in annual savings to our customers, and is currently used in 95 countries.
- The Bangalore center developed mission-critical software to ensure a seamless travel experience for passengers’ post-merger of US Airways into American Airlines in October 2015.
- The center regularly supports major airline reservations migrations to SabreSonic Customer Sales and Service (CSS). Key migrations include Cambodia Angkor Air, Aero Mexico, Philippine Airlines and Kulula Air.
- The center has been instrumental in upgrading the SabreSonic Check-in platform with industry-leading flight management capabilities to support airlines during flight disruptions. The platform has helped airlines improve productivity, increase targeted merchandising opportunities, and reduce training costs. Over 28 airlines have been migrated to SabreSonic Check-in and currently more than 50 airlines across Asia, Australia, Europe and Central America, are a part of the updated check-in system.
- The Bangalore team led the introduction of a new user experience for the Sabre cruise The enhancements reduced booking workflow by 30%, helping agents complete bookings faster. The team also scaled the capabilities of Sabre Cruise to offer new content from Vikings River Cruises (2013), AmaWaterways and Avalon Waterways (2014-15), bringing travel agents more cruise options for their customers.
- The Bangalore team supported Air India’s project to deploy a fully integrated flight control system, with solutions from Sabre AirVision and Sabre AirCentre suites. The products are expected to offer Air India with increased efficiencies, minimal disruptions, enhanced punctuality and passenger connections, and better scheduling. Having a local footprint has helped Sabre drive close engagement with Air India.
Growth & Culture
- Awarded ‘India’s Best Companies to Work For’ in 2009 by the Great Place to Work (GPTW), the center provides employees a working environment that encourages personal growth and development, including opportunities to pursue higher education from India’s leading university, Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS).
- Center team members collaborated with the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India to set up India’s First Aviation University in 2015. Sabre will play a central role in guiding the formation of the curriculum and providing tools and platforms for training. This collaboration with the University will help build a stronger aviation workforce in the APAC region.
- In June, the Bangalore center expanded its facility to accommodate its growing employee base. The decision to invest and grow the center is further testament to the quality of talent that have been nurtured through the center over the past ten years. The center currently has over 1000 employees.
Employees have been actively involved in community building initiatives as a part of Sabre’s global Corporate Social Responsibility program. From 2007 onwards, Sabre has been involved in funding education of underprivileged children at Parikrma Humanity Foundation in Bangalore
About Sabre Corporation
Sabre Corporation is the leading technology provider to the global travel industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management. Sabre also operates a leading global travel marketplace, which processes more than $110 billion of estimated travel spend annually by connecting travel buyers and suppliers. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre serves customers in more than 160 countries around the world.