While women still face significant barriers in achieving gender parity and bridging the wage gap, we're seeing huge strides as women leaders, innovators, creators and inventors. International Women’s Day is Monday March 8th and is a day to reflect on standout women across the world. This year, Sabre offices from all over are coming together to celebrate International Women’s Day. Here's how we're celebrating our women working hard each and every day.
Making the #PledgeForParity
Working with great people is important at any job. That’s why we constantly strive to hire new talent. As we grow, it’s vital to continue hiring fresh-thinkers who will expand our innovation as a top-notch travel technology company. The campaign theme for International Women’s Day 2016 is the #PledgeForParity. By taking this pledge, we are promising to help achieve gender parity. For us, this calls for a gender-balanced leadership among other initiatives.
Fostering a network
Through a number of events at our various locations, we will foster an environment of positive collaboration, as well a way for women in tech to convene and empower one another. Each Sabre event will allow people the opportunity to meet each other and listen to presentations that address gender minority issues.
Celebrating all women
Since IWD 2016 is international, we want to celebrate with everyone! Throughout the week of March 7th, we’re hosting events around the globe, ranging from networking nights to panel discussions with women in leadership in and outside of Sabre. If you want to celebrate IWD 2016 with us, join us at any of the festivities below!
- “Standout Leadership” Panel in Southlake, Texas on March 8th
- A panel of dynamite women will give their experience and insight on gender parity:
- Dolly Wagner-Wilkins - SVP of Software Development at Sabre
- Erika Miller - VP of Information Systems at Sabre
- Rhonda Payne - VP of Service Delivery at Sabre
- Stephanie D. Johnson - Founder and CEO of Bed Rest Concierge
- Kaye Cullum - Senior Director of HR Technology Talent Strategy, Operations and STEM Lead, Walmart Inc.
- Register on Eventbrite.
- Women in Technology Panel in Krakow, Poland on March 10th
- Hear from software development directors about equal representation in technology fields.
- Register on Facebook.
- Women in Technology Hiring Event in Bangalore, India on March 12th
- Sabre Bangalore is calling forth women who are ready to power technology. Join #TeamSabre!
- Register on Facebook.