Tis the season for holiday feasting, so what better time to highlight five of the most unique hotel fitness centers around the world! Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, the gym is a great place to release stress, promote better sleep, and even fight jet lag. Here at Sabre, our travel agency partners have told us that fitness centers are one of the top requested amenities, but it makes you wonder – how many of respondents make it to the gym? According to a recent study by Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration, onsite fitness centers are one of the most underutilized hotel amenities. Nearly half of guests surveyed said they expected to use the hotel fitness center, but a follow-up survey revealed only 22% made it there.
Nevertheless, for fitness-minded travelers, the quality of the fitness center can be a top decision-making factor in where to stay. 63% of regular exercisers say they often consider having a fitness facility or walkable area nearby when choosing a hotel (GBTA & Amex Business Travel Sentiment Index).
But even if you rarely get a workout in while traveling, these amazing hotel fitness centers are sure to give you a dose of exercise inspiration:
1. Park Hyatt Tokyo- Catch amazing skyline views from this fitness center on the 47th Swim laps in this picturesque four lane pool, take in a yoga class, or take advantage of the free bike rentals to go explore the nearby parks.
2. Soho House Chicago- 17,000 sq. ft. “Gymnasium” features a professional boxing ring, top of the line fitness equipment, and steam rooms.
3. The James New York Soho- Has a terrace for outdoor yoga and meditation during the summer. They also offer a guided running tour through Soho, and ChaiseFitness ReinventYOU workout series for if you prefer streaming from the comfort of your guest room.
4. Four Seasons Bora Bora- Start your day off right with sunrise yoga on a platform over pristine blue water. If yoga isn’t your thing, play a game of tennis or beach volleyball. Then rehydrate with complimentary juice and fruit post workout.
5. Whitney Peak hotel in Reno, Nevada – Perfect for the rock climbing enthusiast, Whitney Peak features a 164-ft. outdoor climbing wall and a 7,000-sq. ft. indoor bouldering park. They also offer high-energy fitness classes like AcroYoga, Zumba, and Kickboxing.
Here’s the best part. All of these properties can be found in the Sabre system! The new Sabre Red Workspace even has a weight icon on the hotel search screen to signify if that property has a fitness center. This helps travel agents find the right hotel for their traveler in less time. As we continue our quest to Reimagine Lodging, increased content options will be made available to Sabre customers, which means additional unique lodging options and more awesome fitness centers like these.