Last modified: March 21, 2014
Sabre GLBL Inc. (the “Company”) operates this website, various other websites, and various services, including the Sabre® global distribution system, the SynXis hotel central reservation system, and theSabreSonic® airline reservations system (collectively, the “Sites”), each of which offers unique information, products or services.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it as discussed herein. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices. By accessing any of the Sites, you agree to our privacy practices as set out in this privacy statement.
This privacy statement describes the information that we collect and how that information may be used by us. You are not required to provide any personal information to us unless and until you choose to make a purchase, sign up for one of our e-mail newsletters or other products, or otherwise use one of our services. This privacy statement does not apply to information collected on any third-party site that may link to or be accessible from any of the Sites, nor does this privacy statement extend to any travel supply company (e.g., airline, hotel, etc.) from whom an individual has purchased or reserved travel services via a travel agency using the Sabre® global distribution system or the SynXis central reservation system. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties. The majority of our systems, servers and data centers are located in the U.S. If you are accessing any of the Sites from outside the U.S., you agree that your personal information may be transferred to the U.S., a jurisdiction which may have different privacy and data security protections than those of your own jurisdiction, to be processed and stored.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We collect several types of personal information from and about users of the Sites, including, but not limited to:
- Personal information that is provided to us by travel agencies or online travel sites using theSabre® global distribution system;
- Personal information that is provided to us by airlines using the SabreSonic® airline reservation system;
- Personal information that is provided to us by a hotel or travel agency using the SynXis central reservation system;
- Personal information you provide to us directly on a Site;
- Personal information included in any messaging you undertake through any of the Sites, such as sharing via our online blog or using one of our travel management tools or apps; and
- If you contact us, personal information you provide to us that details the nature of your question or problem.
- Please note that this privacy statement does not apply to the collection of routine business contact information by our employees. Such information, however, will only be used for purposes of our business relationship.
Use of personal information
We use personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To present the Sites and their contents in a suitable and effective manner;
- To allow you to utilize sharing and messaging features of the Sites, if and when you choose to do so.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may from time-to-time make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with the Company, such as the following:
- Various affiliates of the Company;
- Travel supply companies through which you have arranged travel, but only that personal information needed for successful access to or processing of your travel arrangements;
- Service providers we use to support our business who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys; and
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of the Company’s assets, in which case personal information held by the Company about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
If we engage a third party to process an individual’s personal data on our behalf, that third party will be bound by our data privacy policies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation or when data is requested by government or law enforcement authorities;
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Collection and use of non-personal information
We also collect non-personal information, or data in a form that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purposes. Non-personal information that we collect may include information regarding your activities on any of the Sites, which may be aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Sites are of most interest.
If we combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for the purposes of this privacy statement.
Cookies and other technologies
The Sites and certain Company email messages may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us to improve and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to better customize the Sites according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to any of the Sites.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate settings on your browser. Check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Sites may not be available if cookies are disabled.
We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we treat these identifiers as personal information. Similarly, to the extent that non-personal information is combined with personal information, we treat the combined information as personal information for the purposes of this privacy statement.
Accessing your personal information
We strive to maintain accurate, complete, and relevant personal information for the purposes identified in this privacy statement. We make good faith efforts to make available for your review of personal information and to process requests for modification of inaccurate personal information provided to us through one of the Sites. However, we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Personal information that is provided to us by a travel agency, airline, or other travel provider will likely be available for review through the organization that made the booking and pursuant to that organization’s policies.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or displayed on any of the Sites, or transmitted to other users of a Site, is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of any of the Sites. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or displayed on a Site, or transmitted to other users of a Site, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages. Although we take efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to a Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Children under the age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to delete that personal information as soon as possible.
US-EU and US-Swiss safe harbor for travel network
Please see our Travel Network Safe Harbor Privacy Statement to understand how Sabre Travel Network complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks.
Changes to our privacy statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our privacy practices on this page. The date the privacy statement was last revised is identified at the top of the privacy statement.
Please direct any questions or comments about this privacy statement and our privacy practices to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 3150 Sabre Drive, Southlake, Texas 76092 Attn: Privacy Office